Montego Bay WeddingsMontego Bay is the most popular area of Jamaica for a Caribbean wedding for several reasons. Several Reasons:
- Closest to the airport, this is especially great if you have guests coming for just 3 nights
- Nice beaches
- Couples-only resorts, adults only resorts & resorts for all ages
- From affordable to luxury, Montego Bay offers a great variety of resort options
- Centrally located to Negril and Ocho Rios for tours and excursions
Best Montego Bay Wedding Resorts:
- Best Couples Only: Sandals Royal Caribbean
- Best Adults Only: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
- Best All Ages: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
- Best Affordable: Riu Montego Bay or Riu Reggae (adults only)
Getting married in Jamaica is easy. Do a little paper work. Show up 2 days before. Say I do. The information below is provided by the Jamaica tourist board. Please keep in mind the resort you choose will have slightly different restrictions and fees. For example, you can officially be married in the Jamaica 24 hours after you arrive, but most resorts make you wait 48 hours. Unlike many countries, the Jamaica does not require a blood test before getting married. Documents required:
- Wedding application
- Proof of citizenship - certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father’s name.
- Proof of divorce if applicable (original certificate of divorce).
- Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower.